• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 slow on MacBook Pro

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MacBook Pro using the latest Illustrator and it is slow. My question is if a eGPU is going to make a difference. BTW-I do use a larger 32" monitor plugged in to the MacBook.

Thanks,

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eGPU seems to indeed make a difference as it doesn't always work. You might need to disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues you are facing with Illustrator. As Monika mentioned, eGPU may enhance the performance but in some cases we have noticed that eGPUs are not working with Illustrator. This is currently under investigation.

If you have eGPU installed on your machine, you may try turning it on and share your observations with us, else, you may try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance-mac-os.html) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines