Highlighted

Illustrator 2020 slow on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setup with automatic upgrades. After the latest update to 24.2.3 on Catalina 10.15.6 Illustrator has become very slow and bogs down my Mac after a couple of hours of use.
I have reset all cache and settings and still experience the same issue.
Saving a simple file takes 1 minute on a MacBook Pro 16'.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2020 slow on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am setup with automatic upgrades. After the latest update to 24.2.3 on Catalina 10.15.6 Illustrator has become very slow and bogs down my Mac after a couple of hours of use.
I have reset all cache and settings and still experience the same issue.
Saving a simple file takes 1 minute on a MacBook Pro 16'.

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a printer attached, turned on and set up as the default printer? Printer driver up to date? All no longer present printers uninstalled from the system?

Where do you save files?

Is background saving turned off?

WHat about "optimize saving on networks"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this link and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Your OOBE Option 3

OOBE RESET

Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app (100% you must do this to clear ram cache)

Browse to the following location based on your operating system.

MACOS

/Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.

Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.

Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0