Illustrator 2020 Win10 crashes when saving .ai file

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to the community,

Adobe Illustrator crashes anytime I try to save a file. It first takes a long time for the file to be saved and then it eventually crashes : "Adobe Illustrator is not responding".

As I saw it was creating a TMP file, I have tried the trick of

Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File

Unfortunately it does not change a thing. This issue has a major impact on my work and I would really appreciate to get some support and help on the matter.

Best,

M

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Sync and storage

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PB_AI.JPG

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience.  I hope your issue is resolved now. If you still have performance related issues, please try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines