Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 crashed and my work didn't save on the cloud

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I was working on a cloud-hosted file when Illustrator crashed. I submitted a crash report but didn't get the pop-up to relaunch the app with recovered files. When I re-opened the file, all my work is gone and there are just blank artboards and no objects. It says it was last backed up 5 hours ago, but even then there was work in the file so I can't understand why it's all blank. Can anyone explain why this happened so I can avoid it in future? I was under the impression that cloud back-ups were quite secure?

Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Hi Lara,

Apologies for the delayed response. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I'd request you to check the version history on the cloud as suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/access-edit-cloud-documents.html) & see if you find something.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your internet connection is working?

Did you deliberately save the file or did you rely on automatic saving alone?

How is the interval for saving Cloud files set up in the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lara,

Apologies for the delayed response. In addition to the information asked by Monika, I'd request you to check the version history on the cloud as suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/how-to/access-edit-cloud-documents.html) & see if you find something.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines