Illustrator 2021 crashes whenever dealing with gradients

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, for some reason Illustrator is crashing everytime I attempt to use gradients or save color swatches from gradients. Oddly enough saving swatches with regular fill colors works. In fact, I've discovered that nothing else other than gradients causes a crash. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Things I have tried: I have turned off GPU Performance, I have restarted my computer, I have cleared my preferences, I have reinstalled illustrator 3 times and am now using the version penultimate version because I thought the update is what caused the issue (it was not). 

I have a laptop with 16gb of RAM and an nvidia geforce RTX 2070 so I don't think specs are an issue here.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020
Hi there,   Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date? Which operating system you are working on? Is the issue related to a specific document?    You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us.    Regards, Srishti

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date? Which operating system you are working on? Is the issue related to a specific document? 

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines