• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 crashing on launch due to corrupt fonts on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating CC applications, Illustrator 25.0 does not start at all. Photoshop 22.0 automatically crashes after a minute. Corporate subscription

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This has been reported by a few other users as well. I would request if you could share the crash report by following these steps ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html ). 

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Once done, please try steps suggested on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually updates are automatically installed, I didn't reset the settings manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  that case I would try that first. Rename the folder as described in here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope you help me. I know that this has nothing to do with the topic, but on the pc I'm using, it's Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop. The problem is that the license expired but the license that I bought does not expire, that is the problem. I am desperate and I am waiting for a quick answer. Please, no youtube tutorial will help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The issue was resolved after removing all problematic fonts from iMac. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This has been reported by a few other users as well. I would request if you could share the crash report by following these steps ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html ). 

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Once done, please try steps suggested on this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/crash-with-ttf-font.html) and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! The issue was resolved after removing all problematic fonts from iMac. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this issue since updating to Illustrator 25.0. I am running Mac os 11.0.1, and Illustrator freezes on the splash screen.

I attempted to fix the issue with an Adobe Tech Support, to whom I allowed remote access to my computer. He succeeded in closing unsaved InDesign files causing me to lose work and miss client deadlines. My attempts to reach Adobe customer support so far have gotten me nowhere; there's no email address or phone number. 

Illustrator still won't open and now I have lost work on account of the tech support rep's carelessness and seemingly no recourse for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope you help me. I know that this has nothing to do with the topic, but on the pc I'm using, it's Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop. The problem is that the license expired but the license that I bought does not expire, that is the problem. I am desperate and I am waiting for a quick answer. Please, no youtube tutorial will help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with a simlair issue however instead of crashing a minute in the programme closes with the save option appearing. Sad thing is there's only two options for saving Yes or No... and no Cancel option. This also happens in certain photoshop files too. Currently run latests updates for PS and Illusator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please create a new thread and tell us exactly what is happening.

Did you already try the solution posted in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines