• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 crashing on launch on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upgrade to AI 2021, the installation goes right and when I'm trying to open it just crashes.... without error information or any kind of diagnostic.... help!!!!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS? Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please try doing that. You may follow this help article to do this.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

We'd also appreciate if you can share the crash logs using Log Collector Tool. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I am using a MAC, with Catalina 10.15.7 OS (newly upgraded). I tried resetting preferences, but this is a new installation, so there shouldn't be any preferences to reset, if I could even get that to work. I have also updated other CC apps for this computer, and Photoshop starts without any issues. Of course, Illustrator is the program I use almost exclusively for my company's artwork. I don't really want to have to use both this new computer to get faster processes and the old one in order to produce artwork files. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for the reply!
I'm working on a MAC OS Mojave v10.14.6, I'va already reset, install it, uninstall it clean it with the cloudcleanertool  and reinstall it, and still do not work...  the v24.3 runs perfectly

I'm trying to use the log collector tool, but I'm noy sure if i0m doing it right.

Thanks!

-M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the log collector file: AdobeLogs_20201020_130506_317-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems. I get through the opening loading graphic and to the start screen and then nothing finishes loading (The new features, templates, etc.), and then the application crashes. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.24.25 PM.png

I am running:

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 12.45.17 PM.png

 I ran the log collecter and here is the file name: AdobeLogs_20201020_123921_171-mac.zip

I tried resetting the preferences and no change.

v24.3 launches without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs @VALUE S&M5EBD & @Ray M. We'd appreciate if you can share this zip file here as well with us. You may also use DM to share this.

@mg_kent Please share the log files using the Log Collector tools as suggested earlier. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find any button that let me share the .zxp file not here or in the DMs, can you please guide me a little bit more?, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can upload the file on Creative Cloud(or any cloud service you prefer) & share the link with us. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs. Let us review the information. We'll get back to you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to share that as it uploaded Adobe LogCollector Portal according to the email I received. @Ashutosh_Mishra 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for submitting the logs. Please share the file number (for example File: AdobeLogs_xxxxxx_xxxxxx_xxx-mac.zip) in email and we will be able to find that on the portal.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same difficulty. Newly installed Illustrator 2021 crashes immediatly. All fonts are vaidated. Running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. I´m trying do enclose my log collector file, but .zxp file type is not supported here..?..

Cheers,

//Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my log collector reference: AdobeLogs_20201021_170529_974-mac.zip

Cheers,

//Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No response from Adobe Support :-(, but running a full cleanup on my Macbook Pro with "CleanMyMac X" followed by a restart, solved my problem! AI 2021 is now runing as it should :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. A similar issue has been reported due to the corrupt fonts. Please close all Adobe applications, try validating fonts by following these steps and share your observations with us:

1. Choose Applications > Font Book.
  2. In the Collection column, choose All Fonts.
  3. To select all the fonts, select the top-most font in the Font column and press Cmd+A.
  4. Choose File > Validate Font.
  5. Delete the damaged or duplicate font.

If Font Book crashes, restart Font Book, and scroll through the fonts one by one. Determine the font that caused the crash. Use the Down arrow key to select the first font, then hold the key down to scroll through all your fonts.

validate fonts.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for the reply, I'va already done those steps,  uninstall and installed it again but the program and is still crashing, what else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry about this. I would need to check the crash report to assist you further. Please share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a number of fonts that had errors and removed them. Illustrator does now launch!

I still have a number of duplicates but they seem to be a mix of system fonts and Microsoft fonts. 

Here is the link to my error log from earlier: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/cf5ce274-78d0-42ca-7d61-8d1b78795436

Thanks! @Srishti Bali 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, mine just stays like this, and then shuts.....

Captura de Pantalla 2020-10-21 a la(s) 8.53.26 a. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. Please allow us sometime to check this and get back to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

por favor yo tambien actualice abre y se cierra ya hice de todo cuando lo corregiran gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines