• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 crashing while deleting effects.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I attempt to use the scribble effect, it works fine if I change its settings or move the shape around on my illustration... but as soon as I attempt to delete the setting (shown in the screenshot), Illustrator crashes.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 131922.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 131958.png

I don't think it's an issue with my machine because the effect works perfectly up until I attempt to delete it. I am able to Ctrl+Z the effect out of my design, but cannot delete it without the app crashing. Any time I hit that trash can, though, Illustrator crashes. Every single time. Probably happened a dozen times. Anybody else seen this?

Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue is being review by the product team. You may upvote & add you comment on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-shadow-deletion-crashes-illustrator) to stay updated.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely a bug - I just thought about trying to open up the appearance panel (a level further than just properties), I was able to delete the effect with no issues. It's just the top level properties panel delete button that's got some kind of a bug. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying. Glad to have found a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you delete the effect via the appearance panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response - but yes, the delete button does work under the appearances panel. I've discovered the same problem with other effects. The software just shuts down when I try to use the delete (trash can icon) button under the properties panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This issue is being review by the product team. You may upvote & add you comment on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41832787-drop-s... to stay updated.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've tried to fix this in the latest release. Please update your Illustrator to v 25.1 to get this fixed.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines