Highlighted

Illustrator 2021 crashing!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated! I am doing simple line work and adusting anchor points and Illustrator crashes! this is new to the 2021 update as ive been using illustrator for years with out this problem. 

What is going on! if it cant keep up with simple line grahipcs how can it cope with complex illustration.

Illustrator is the biggest reason why i have the CC suite, and as its very expensive i would have thought that these little problems wouldnt be present. Very disapointed!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2021 crashing!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated! I am doing simple line work and adusting anchor points and Illustrator crashes! this is new to the 2021 update as ive been using illustrator for years with out this problem. 

What is going on! if it cant keep up with simple line grahipcs how can it cope with complex illustration.

Illustrator is the biggest reason why i have the CC suite, and as its very expensive i would have thought that these little problems wouldnt be present. Very disapointed!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Did you reset the preferences when updating?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC with Windows 10. 

How do I reset the preferences? And why do I have to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. 2021 on my brand new MBP has now frozen/beachballed on opening a file, on changing a line weight, on clicking the text tool, on saving, on zooming... literally ANY task is too much for AI2021. I can't even comprehend how this made it to release, its completely unusable. I've reinstalled AI2020 and I'm writing off the few files I've been able to do anything with in AI2021.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 MacBook Pro running 10.15.7, with 16 gb RAM (so memory should be no issue)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?
I agree with Monika. Please try resetting preferences of the app & let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have reset the preferences but this hasn't worked. Luckily I have started saving to the cloud so the backup is saving a lot of time doing the same work over again. 

Its very disappointing to be honest.

I've found myself not using illustrator as much as I normally would, as I've lost confidence in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect on both Mac one at home and one at work. The only thing I could find is that the programs will have a problem with the font folder of the OS because Adobe tries to push their own online font folder. I have a set of typeface I use for years and I do know that license of typefaces prohibited to use different storages than own computer. Will Adobe take up all legal costs when I brake license terms or will make the programs that the user can choose???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, I can't even get Illustrator to open right now. 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Catalina v 10.15.7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Resources