• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 freezing on launch on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated my Adobe software to 2021 versions yesterday; Photoshop and InDesign verified fine and open all OK but Illustrator keeps hanging/not loading and I have to force quit. Anyone else experienceing this problem? I'm running Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks, Steve.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Well, how odd, I am answering my own post. I have now successfully initialised and opened Illustrator 2021 after my issues after updating to latest. Just a trusty old restart, nothing more, nothing less; no ferreting about in the Pref folders and pesky renaming with outlandish suffixes. If anyone else having this issue, try restart first before you go headlong into an IT abyss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how odd, I am answering my own post. I have now successfully initialised and opened Illustrator 2021 after my issues after updating to latest. Just a trusty old restart, nothing more, nothing less; no ferreting about in the Pref folders and pesky renaming with outlandish suffixes. If anyone else having this issue, try restart first before you go headlong into an IT abyss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have been experiencing the same issue. Been contacting the Adobe customer help 3x and still they aren't able to fix it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having this same issue on on my ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo. It opens but stays frozen on the start up screen and I can't do anything! I literally used it 2 days ago and it worked fine but now it doesn't. I tried restarting the computer and re-installing AI but nothing is working! Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021이 열리지가 않아요.

해결 부탁드립니다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, but it did not get better when i restarted it...
Someone help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. I would need a few more details like:

• Operating system (Exact verion of Windows/ MAC) 

• Is it crashing on launch or simply gets freezed? In case it gives any crash report, please share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 
    While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 

Once done, try following these steps on this page and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, and restarting works only occasionally. Restarting my computer any time i want to open illustrator is just a royal pain! and sometimes I need to restart multiple times.

I get the beach ball, illustrator not responding, and have to force quit. 

mac os catalina 10.15.7 on an imac, and latest 2021 illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care. They can login toyour systemand check things out:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, my issue is all sorted now; had to have an Adobe Rep enter my mac and do a few didgeridoos. Seems most likely caused by external/3rd party conflicts such as Wacom tabet driver and Extensis Suitcase files. They also added '.old' to a few Illustrator pref files... Hope yours is sorted sometime soon too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines