Highlighted

Illustrator 2021 freezing on launch on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated my Adobe software to 2021 versions yesterday; Photoshop and InDesign verified fine and open all OK but Illustrator keeps hanging/not loading and I have to force quit. Anyone else experienceing this problem? I'm running Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks, Steve.

{Renamed by MOD}

Well, how odd, I am answering my own post. I have now successfully initialised and opened Illustrator 2021 after my issues after updating to latest. Just a trusty old restart, nothing more, nothing less; no ferreting about in the Pref folders and pesky renaming with outlandish suffixes. If anyone else having this issue, try restart first before you go headlong into an IT abyss

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2021 freezing on launch on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated my Adobe software to 2021 versions yesterday; Photoshop and InDesign verified fine and open all OK but Illustrator keeps hanging/not loading and I have to force quit. Anyone else experienceing this problem? I'm running Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks, Steve.

{Renamed by MOD}

Well, how odd, I am answering my own post. I have now successfully initialised and opened Illustrator 2021 after my issues after updating to latest. Just a trusty old restart, nothing more, nothing less; no ferreting about in the Pref folders and pesky renaming with outlandish suffixes. If anyone else having this issue, try restart first before you go headlong into an IT abyss

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have been experiencing the same issue. Been contacting the Adobe customer help 3x and still they aren't able to fix it 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having this same issue on on my ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo. It opens but stays frozen on the start up screen and I can't do anything! I literally used it 2 days ago and it worked fine but now it doesn't. I tried restarting the computer and re-installing AI but nothing is working! Anyone else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021이 열리지가 않아요.

해결 부탁드립니다.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, but it did not get better when i restarted it...
Someone help? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Resources