• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 freezing when I save new document

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 2021, and when I try to save a new document, Illustrator completely freezes.  My mouse still works, every other program I'm running is fine, just Illustrator is affected.  Any suggestions as to what is going on and how I can get around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

What kind of document are you saving exactly where?

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on? Illustrator looks for a printer when saving. When it doesn't find one, it may react funky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10, a printer is connected and it is set as the default and I've tried to save the document with the printer powered on and it is still freezing.   *Of note, I've been able to save on countless occasions in the past with the printer powered off.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and sorry, forgot to mention that I'm trying to save just very small ai files. It's so bizarre, it's always worked fine and today.... nope!  Any help is so appreciated. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, last update for the night. 🙂  It seems I can save to PDF no problem.  But Illustrator freezes when I save to AI.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you save PDF with AI editability?

Can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the Illustrator preferences?

Also: saving on networks may cause issues.

Missing printers work for some, but not for others and it may change with any system update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I hope your issue is resolved now. I'd recommend following suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) for further such scenarios.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines