• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 running extremely slow, but just for certain files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried working on the files on two different computers with different OSs, one being a macbook and the other and imac, they both are regularly freezing just nudging around elements of a design. Other designs both older and newer work totally fine and don't cause these problems. Any suggests for what to troubleshoot or adjust?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Did you apply the update that was just released today?
  • If your View using GPU or CPU? You can change this at the top of the View menu. Try switching and see if there's any change.
  • In Illustrator's Preferences > Performance is "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" turned on or off? Try toggling this and seeing if it makes a difference.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, both computers have the newest update. I'm using GPU and real time drawing and editing is turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning Real-Time Drawing and Editing on (I think it's actually really nice).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that didn't do anything. It's pretty odd. I have almost identical versions of these files where the only elements that are different are the content of a text frame and they work fine. It seems like something weird with the files that is causing illustrator to go slow.

The only work around that I had was just to recreate the design by pasting in place in various layers and moving on... It hasn't been an issue with anything else I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever figure out what was causing the slowdown? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines