• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator 2021 unusable

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reinstall 2020, but they have made this all but impossible. Honestly, 2021 has had SO many issues that after my project is complete, I am done with adobe after 20+ years.

2021 constantly pops up with - cant move objects - what is that about???

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I hear you, I've also found a number of painful bugs in recent releases.
Can't move errors are sometimes related to grouped objects way out at the edge of the canvas. And yes, I've also found a bug where a non-interactible object (which I didn't make) is way out there at the edge of the canvas causing that error. It usually goes away when I restart AI though.

The most productive way through this, I've found, is as follows:

1) Check the Illustrator uservoice forums to see if someone else has identified steps to reproduce this bug. If so, vote. Now go to step 3.
2) If you can't find someone elses' steps to reproduce your bugs then you need to do this for yourself. This is annoying because it's QA work which you shouldn't have to do, but if you want this bug fixed, you need this. Now make your own bug report on UserVoice detailing the steps.
3) Now go chat to an Adobe support agent and take them through the steps to reproduce your bug, and also send them the link to your UserVoice bug.

And (based on my experience) your bug may well be fixed in a subsequent release... around 12 months later.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if they help to improve the performance & stability of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines