• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Illustrator v25.0.1 later won't open CAD drawings DWG DXF - Getting error 2067 while opening

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been used to opening vector drawings from Gerber in ai format in Illustrator but since the new update I'm no longer able to open any of these files. I get a dialogue box with options to chose Text or AutoDesk Real DWG, but none of the options work. Selecting the text option just shows garbled text and the AutoDesk Real DWG option produces an error message: The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Many thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Although the original problem was fixed in version 25.0.1 realease.  Now its broken again in version 25.1.

Now the scaling feature (in File:->Place:- Show Import Options) doesn't work at all. 

It doesn't matter what units are choosen in document setting or program preferrences or what scale factor you use when placing, it alway comes into illustrator in Points.  Very frustrating.

Work around until Adobe fixed this new probably that they have introduced in the lastest reaease is to place the DXF as you usually would.

Then select the newly imported sketch,

Then Choose Object:->Transform:->Scale.

If your your original DXF was in mm, you need to uniform scale by 283.465% to resize the DXF to the correct size. 

A simply google search for the scale factor from whatever units to points for anyone creating their DXF if different units. 

Regards

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might check to see if the 25.2 point release just released today fixed the issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby,

Just installed update 25.2 and now the scaling feature used when placing DXF's now works as expected.  

Thanks

Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into the same problem, and after reading this thread, I updated to version 25.2, but I'm still getting the same error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working also for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, Illustrator 25.2.1 still not importing or placing DWG or DXF files. Error code 2067, the operation cannot complete, unknown error.

Please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also running into this problem I have 25.2.1 Version and I am trying to import, place, insert anything with a .dxf file and just keep getting the same Error 2067 as the above people have mentioned. Please fix this issue, some of these vectors are extremely time-consuming to "re-create" in AI for some of my projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue, as well. 

The adobe staff say to "reach out if we need help" which is exactly what we are doing but they arent giving us any advice other than to update the software. My Illustrator is now 25.2.1 and it won't open a client's .dwg file. Can anyone please help?????????

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Liana00michelle 

I had this issue and the only way I was able to make a .DXF or .DWG work AT ALL, was to backdate my AI version to the 25.0.1 Once I got the cloud to backdate to that version I had no problems importing, copying, dragging either of those files into Illustrator. I know it's annoying to do. But it's the only advice I have found to work until they either update or patch the current version. 

Hope that helps. Sorry, it's not better news. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tiffany.
I found the same way out of the problem.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several verions and I still couldn't open DFX files. I have spend 3 days so far trying to solve this problem. I am desperate. I got these DFX files sent from someone else a while ago. Now the only way to open them is to download a CAD program and start learning how to use it in order to save real scale and then open in AI. I have lost my patience really 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask what version you backdated too? Because specifically, 25.0.1 is the only one I got to work on. 

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties, I get it. I hope you were able to find a solution, if not, maybe try AutoCad. That one is not too terrible and should have a lot of troubleshooting forums or videos to help for learning it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried them all back to 24.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insane how much we pay for these softwares and there is no help or anything. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I hope someone from Adobe sees this. I see a lot of people uninstalling and reinstalling older versions and this feature finally working. But I cant uninstall and reinstall Illustrator because I am on a company computer and we dont have clearance to install anything and I dont want to risk that. PLEASE ADOBE fix this issue. It was working before, why mess with something that was not broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error 2067 when trying to open some .dxf files. Works in older version.

ver. 25.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Updated to the latest 25.2.3 and still does not work. Very frustrating. Only way I can get it to work is use some of these free online conversation programs that do a terrible job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all - 

I use export to DXF for our workflow and it's broken, the only way to have it work is to use specifically 25.0.1.  I believe it worked in earlier versions but broke when we updated past 25.0.1 specfically.

Now this is a problem as I shop this work out because the files look fine and can be opened by Adobe fine when saved with newer versions of Adobe.  However, they fail an internal conversion process consistently when exported from newer versions of Adobe, even when the exact same export settings are chosen.  Trying to be specific on the Illustrator version used for the work is proving difficult.

I see there are newer & different export versions for DXF files now than there was in 25.0.1.  While I cheer progress, what once was working is now working in several updates since 25.0.1, I believe I have tried them each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(by working I mean that it is now broken 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open DFX files. The message I get is either unknown error 2067 or a text file not the line drawings I am expecting to see. 

Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the DXF issue. Why should I have to back-date my version just to open a file type that I have been opening for years? I haven't opened DXF files in a while and was sadly surprised with this OVERSIGHT BY ADOBE. We're not asking much, just to be able to use the program that we pay you for. 

ADOBE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with trying to open an dxf filke from clo3d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... as adobe has missed the early deleoping stage of intuitive 3d design software, it should not miss now to at least provide a smooth workflow together with the well built existing intuitive 3d programms like fusion 360 and clo. ... please, please, please : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue exporting from Clo 3D to illustrator. It is infuriating. 

ADOBE HELLO? Simply telling us to Update our software is not tech support!.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! It seems like adobe doesn't really care, unfortunately.

C'mon please fix this!!  We pay a lot of money for the software and can't even use it properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines