Highlighted

Illustrator 2021 won't open CAD drawings

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been used to opening vector drawings from Gerber in ai format in Illustrator but since the new update I'm no longer able to open any of these files. I get a dialogue box with options to chose Text or AutoDesk Real DWG, but none of the options work. Selecting the text option just shows garbled text and the AutoDesk Real DWG option produces an error message: The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Many thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2021 won't open CAD drawings

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been used to opening vector drawings from Gerber in ai format in Illustrator but since the new update I'm no longer able to open any of these files. I get a dialogue box with options to chose Text or AutoDesk Real DWG, but none of the options work. Selecting the text option just shows garbled text and the AutoDesk Real DWG option produces an error message: The operation could not be completed because of unknown error 2067. Has anyone else had this experience? Does anyone know how to fix this??? Many thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues placing or directly opening DXF files that are created in Fusion 360 into Illustrator 2021.  No errors are given, it just come in as a blank page.  Yet the same DXF file views fine with an online viewer and also opens or places fine in Illustrator 2020.

I've just upgrade a lab of 20 devices with the latest version of CC (ie 2021) and now I'm going to have to go back an reinstall Illustrator 2020 so we can do our old workflows like we used to.

Please can someone from Adobe have a look at this/ comment?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
Resources