• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 23.1 constantly reverting color settings to "Emulate Illustrator 6"

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new AI 23.1, almost every time I open an existing AI doc, the color settings are set to "Emulate Illustrator 6". I  go into the color settings and fix it and even "save as" a different name, but when I reopen the doc, it's once again reverted color settings. Furthermore, sometimes when I switch between Adobe apps, the color setting switch back to "Emulate Illustrator 6" while the document is still open. This is maddening and I can't seem to find a consistent reason this is happening. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already updated to version 23.0.1?

Have you tried this?

If all of those don't work, please contact support.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it turns out this didn't work. Randomly after a couple of hours, AI is once again opening files to "Emulate Illustrator 6". Thank you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact support. Someone will need to take a look inside your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support will only give me the option to use the community forums, even though I pay full price for CC Design Premium.
It's very frustrating. I appreciate your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Team license?

srishtib8795206​ - can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on a team license. I have a full professional license for myself, purchased by me (not my employer), which I have had for years.
I HAVE contacted support twice this month already because of this issue, so perhaps I've hit the maximum yearly contacts?
Or perhaps their website is just not functioning properly right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of a limit for support contact. I have alerted staff. So hopefully they can sort it out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

We are sorry to hear about this. This is a known error. Steps shared by Monika has worked for many users but few users are still facing this issue. The issue is under review with our Engineering team and they are working on it. I would request if you can share your feedback and upvote the issue here: Color Settings Auto Defaulting – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix available and you should not have this issue if you have the following version of these Creative Cloud applications

Please update to:

• Photoshop (20.0.1)
  • InDesign (14.0.1)
  • Bridge (9.0.1)

While it is not mandatory to upgrade Illustrator version from 23.0 to 23.0.1 we highly recommend that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue after updating to 25.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office is also having this issue even after synchronizing profiles in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file path is different, there's no Adobe folder in my Caches. There's one called ColorSync but that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you do it via Finder > Go > (hold option key) > Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution didn't work for me, by the way. Even went a few versions back, the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Product team is working on this issue. I'd request you to upvote on this UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...) & stay tuned for the updates.

Additionally, please try this workaround & let us know if it helps:

1. Lower Photoshop from 22.3 to 22.2.
2. Specify any color setting in Illustrator.

If you do the above
Even if you operate Photoshop while Illustrator is running, it will not emulate the settings by itself.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines