Highlighted

Illustrator 24.0.1 display glitch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10
AI 24.0.1

While working in AI, I can randomly encounter annoying glitch, which blocks any UI items and makes me restart application. The main thing is that application continues working - you can choose tools with keyboard shortcuts, but UI become buggy and you cannot choose any tool by mouse - nothing happens when you click on elements and you see some black rectangles instead of context menu. This situation happens absolutely randomly. I've attached some videos from mobile phone, there is clearly seen that happening.
It happens more than once a day and it is really annoying. Tried to reinstall the application, we have even changed the PC hardware and still no luck to deal with it...Please help

Please check videos below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17rGWAuVPU2V3RYKnX_d9v-5ONoqUXvra/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ptXvFzEUmr4A3vOuzskvwaMJk5XHHFc/view?usp=sharing

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.0.1 display glitch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10
AI 24.0.1

While working in AI, I can randomly encounter annoying glitch, which blocks any UI items and makes me restart application. The main thing is that application continues working - you can choose tools with keyboard shortcuts, but UI become buggy and you cannot choose any tool by mouse - nothing happens when you click on elements and you see some black rectangles instead of context menu. This situation happens absolutely randomly. I've attached some videos from mobile phone, there is clearly seen that happening.
It happens more than once a day and it is really annoying. Tried to reinstall the application, we have even changed the PC hardware and still no luck to deal with it...Please help

Please check videos below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17rGWAuVPU2V3RYKnX_d9v-5ONoqUXvra/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ptXvFzEUmr4A3vOuzskvwaMJk5XHHFc/view?usp=sharing

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tries resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for advice.No, I have not tried resetting preferences. I will try and check if glitch will appear again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request updating Illustrator, Windows 10 & GPU driver to the latest version.

In addition to the suggestion given by Marlon, I'd suggest disabling the GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, Ashutosh. Thank you for reply.

I have made:

1) Updated all WIN 10 drivers/GPU driver

2) Tried to disable / enable GPU performance in preferences

3) Tried to reset AI preferences 

Still no luck to resolve this problem, unfortunately. Glitch still appear after some time working in AI

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about this, Vladimir. I'd request using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing installation of Adobe app and reinstall once done.

Let us know how that goes. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Resources