• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 24.0.3 - not opening EPS files

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had stepped back to 24.0.1 from the .2 version due to the issues with saving.  I had all my artist step back, as well.  I upgraded to the .3 and seemed to be doing ok until today.  I kept trying to open some .eps files that had been created in Illustrator (not ours) and supplied to us, however, I had two different files that I could not get to open.  On the first one, I had another artist try to open it and they had no trouble (still on 24.0.1).  So, I backed up to the 24.0.1 version and sure enough, the file opened right up!  Not sure what is going on at Adobe but hopefully you all will get it figured out. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, where hopefully someone will have a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with but the new 25.1 version. I am unable to open EPS files in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

How did you create the EPS files?

Is there any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is Windows

A customer sent the file to me - created on Mac OS X

Error messages reads as: 

The file"name" is in an unknown format and cannot be opened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thing I would try is have them send it again, but ZIP it first. And also: they should of course try if the file still opens on their side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines