Illustrator 24.0 crashing when moving text

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Illustrator gurus

I'm having crashing issues with Illustrator 24.0

I am running  an IMac using Mac OS Mojave version 10.14.6

I have noticed an increase of crashes when moving live text . The crashes are spontaeous, no spinning ball or anything just shut off, down. I am not 100% sure if it's a specific font that is causing the issue or if there is a bug when moving active text. It might just be my imagination but I feel like both most recent crashes I was moving the text horizontally to the left...maybe a coinsidence.

Anyone else experiencing text crashes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem occasionaly and intermiitantly - with Illustrator crashing-out when moving text.  Usual a computer re-start seems to fix it.

But recently I had a file that was crashing every few minutes, despite several restarts.  I started to suspect that the file was corrupt  - as it had passed between computers, on Mac and Windows version of AI.  I seem to have resolved the problem by:

1. restarting AI
  2. Opening an old (presumably uncorrupted) version of the file - you could also just create a new file.
  3. Copy and pasting everything from the old file to the new file (remember Paste Remembers Layers)
  4. Save the new file and restart AI (just for good measure)

This seems to have fixed the frequent crashes for me.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ive had this problem all week, moving text and objects with the cursor. Its fine with arrows. Crashed but stayed on the screen, only option to unplug. Ive had a really crap week. Looking through previous posts i tried everything, nothing worked until i came accross a post suggesting using Tahoma and Verdana fonts. Activate if you havent allready and include both fonts in your files,( hide if neccessary). I tried it and so far so good. God knows why but its working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines