Highlighted

Illustrator 24.1.2 Not Responding on macOS 10.14.6

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the new version of Illustrator when my application wasn't responding and I had to force quit 3 times. After updating, I restarted my computer and tried to open my file (.ai file) in Illustrator once again and have been having the same issue with the application not responding. I haven't installed any new fonts recently and I have tried other files too and nothing. 

I am on a MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.1.2 Not Responding on macOS 10.14.6

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the new version of Illustrator when my application wasn't responding and I had to force quit 3 times. After updating, I restarted my computer and tried to open my file (.ai file) in Illustrator once again and have been having the same issue with the application not responding. I haven't installed any new fonts recently and I have tried other files too and nothing. 

I am on a MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alison. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marliton - I have reset my preferences several times. I've also tried relabeling my Illustrator 24 files to ".old" in my Library and every time I try to launch again I only get to the splash page and it gets stuck - I don't even get into a workspace. I have to force quit each time. I've run the Adobe diagnostics and it comes back with nothing. I've also tried unistalling the app and all settings and reinstalling. That method has failed as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having similar issues. Mine will eventually work, but opening files, even SMALL files like 10kb the application turns white and says (Not Responding) [on windows 10]. However, I am also having performance issues on Mac OSx version 10.15.4 and AI version 24.1.2. 

Seems like the most recent update has done something wonky.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have tried troubleshooting but that did not help. I'd request logging into root account(https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012) of your machine and see how Illustrator is behaving in that account.

For Windows, you may try creating a new user account(https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...) and see if app works there. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0