Highlighted

Illustrator 24.1.2 stuck in splash screen (MacOS Catalina)

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless if trying to open a file or cold opening the app, it remains stuck in splash screen, not responding. I uninstalled it completely (including deleting preferences), but reinstalling didn't help, the problem persists. I don't have any plugins anymore.

I didn't have this issue until the last week or so, so I'm guessing it started with 24.1.2. Running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.

I've sent a crash report.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.1.2 stuck in splash screen (MacOS Catalina)

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless if trying to open a file or cold opening the app, it remains stuck in splash screen, not responding. I uninstalled it completely (including deleting preferences), but reinstalling didn't help, the problem persists. I don't have any plugins anymore.

I didn't have this issue until the last week or so, so I'm guessing it started with 24.1.2. Running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.

I've sent a crash report.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have tried some troubleshooting steps which did not help. Please try logging into root account of your machine(https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012) and see if you are able to launch the Illustrator there. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
savalina LATEST
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your reply.

Something weird just happened. I couldn't open Illustrator for about a week, although I repeatedly re-installed it with preferences deleted.

When I wrote here, I didn't know what else to do, so I uninstalled it and left it like that for 1 day. Today I re-installed it and it opened. Just like that, no explanation, I didn't do anything else. Even weirder, this time it installed completely reset, including getting the app tour pop-ups and the 5-minute survey notification which I answered weeks ago.

I obviously lost my workspace and preferences, but at least now I can finally open it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0