Highlighted

Illustrator 24.1.3 crashes frequently on Catalina 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue that dates back at least February (and whatever version of Catalina / Ai was in use then).

The crash occurs most often when coming out of a sleep / screen saver, or sometimes when switching between apps (ie Command-Tab). I've submitted countless crash reports and half my files have [recovered] in the file name (sometimes more than once!). 

I've deleted preferences, I stay current on updates. The issue persists regardless of any peripheral configuration (macbookpro).

What the heck do I do now? This is endlessly frustrating. HELP! 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.1.3 crashes frequently on Catalina 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue that dates back at least February (and whatever version of Catalina / Ai was in use then).

The crash occurs most often when coming out of a sleep / screen saver, or sometimes when switching between apps (ie Command-Tab). I've submitted countless crash reports and half my files have [recovered] in the file name (sometimes more than once!). 

I've deleted preferences, I stay current on updates. The issue persists regardless of any peripheral configuration (macbookpro).

What the heck do I do now? This is endlessly frustrating. HELP! 

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are countless threads on Apple forums about sleep mode and a lot of different applications. There seem to be serious issues with Catalina and maybe just certain devices and the sleep mode.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines