Highlighted

Illustrator 24.2.1 cannot save to Legacy Format

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator version updated to 24.2.1. I work in an Architects office and own my own license. The boss has Illustrator CS5 on his machine. Up until recently, I could Save As a Legacy Format and he could open and print my work. Now none of my previous work will print correctly from his machine. The new HP Color Plotter HP DesignJet T730 will not recognise the roll stock paper size. It come up with a short list of sheets sizes, none of which are big enough for the artwork (16"x16"). How would I begin to figure out how to fix this? 
Thanks,

Harmon Ward

Correct answer by Harmon_Ward | Community Beginner

Found part of the Solution. To "Save As" and older version go to File>Save As>Save As Type>  (Choose .AI) in Illustrator Options dialog box choose Version>Illustrator CS5. Let's see it I can print it now.

Topics

Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.2.1 cannot save to Legacy Format

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Illustrator version updated to 24.2.1. I work in an Architects office and own my own license. The boss has Illustrator CS5 on his machine. Up until recently, I could Save As a Legacy Format and he could open and print my work. Now none of my previous work will print correctly from his machine. The new HP Color Plotter HP DesignJet T730 will not recognise the roll stock paper size. It come up with a short list of sheets sizes, none of which are big enough for the artwork (16"x16"). How would I begin to figure out how to fix this? 
Thanks,

Harmon Ward

Correct answer by Harmon_Ward | Community Beginner

Found part of the Solution. To "Save As" and older version go to File>Save As>Save As Type>  (Choose .AI) in Illustrator Options dialog box choose Version>Illustrator CS5. Let's see it I can print it now.

Topics

Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this previous work that he can't print - did you even open that in the new version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines