• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 24.2.1 Mac - spinning beach ball crash on export to DXF

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an iMac 2017, 32GB ram, Maxc OS 10.15.5, plenty of hard drive space on primary + scratch drives. 

Illustrator 24.2.1

Importing a PS file into AI, tracing a few shapes, and exporting to dxf.

50% of the files I try this with crash Illustrator with a spinning beach ball. AI file is generally in the 150MB range.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • What is the file size of Illustrator file after you traced the image?
  • Where the exported files are being saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now tried on 2 different computers (imac 2017 and macbook pro 2019) with multiple different files of different sizes. If the document I'm exporting has an image on a layer (.tif, .jpg, etc), and I try to export my line drawings to .dxf, I get the spinning beach ball every time. If I delete the image layer, I can export to .dxf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines