Highlighted

Illustrator 24.2 crashes at opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I updated to the new version this morning, Illustrator keeps crashing on launch. The interface is loading, and when it opens - with the "new features" panel - I have either a pop up for a crash report, or a message that says : "Please wait while Illustrator is processing your request..." forever...

Thanks for the information. I upgraded NVIDIA's Studio Driver today and finally manage to launch the Illustrator 24.2 without issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.2 crashes at opening

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since I updated to the new version this morning, Illustrator keeps crashing on launch. The interface is loading, and when it opens - with the "new features" panel - I have either a pop up for a crash report, or a message that says : "Please wait while Illustrator is processing your request..." forever...

Thanks for the information. I upgraded NVIDIA's Studio Driver today and finally manage to launch the Illustrator 24.2 without issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Did you turn off your antivirus when installing?

Did you reset the preferences when installing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 - Home edition.

I don't have an antivirus, except for "Windows defender".

I did not reset the preferences when installing, I don't know how. Should I try it ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences is worth a try. You could rename the folder. That way you can reverse it if necessary, since it erases your preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html (this link describes the procedure)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, it did not work. I tried to delete the file too, and the new version didn't even create another preferences file before crashing again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. It will help you to eliminate any remaining and damaged files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing same problem here. Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool does not help at all! I resolved by going back to version 24.1.3 at the moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I used the Adobe CC Cleaner tool to clean everything up after uninstalling all the Adobe apps and then the Creative Cloud app.  The latest version has been really unstable and even copy and paste operation can cause it to hang.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a Windows 10 laptop and I am having the same issue. I ran task manager and there 7 processes running with the com.adobe.AdobeSplashKit.GraphicWindowsClass process not responding. I am only running the Windows Defender as the Antivirus and have already uninstalled, restarted my laptop and installed again with the same issue. Reverting back to the previous version worked. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the issue. I'm running an NVDIA graphics card hat needed an update. If you are running an NVDIA card, try updating the driver and see if it works. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
italosan LATEST
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ronaldn32801838 for sharing your solution with the whole community 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0