Highlighted

Illustrator 24.3 keeps crashing in the middle of my work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few days, Illustrator has crashed in the middle of me working and it would freeze up and it allowed me to save before closing but won't let me continue to use the paint brush or click on anything else. It has gotten worse and only lets me work for maybe 5 minutes before glitching again and the only way out of it is closing the application. My computer is up to date with updates so I am not sure what to do. Please help this is getting super frustrating!!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 24.3 keeps crashing in the middle of my work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last few days, Illustrator has crashed in the middle of me working and it would freeze up and it allowed me to save before closing but won't let me continue to use the paint brush or click on anything else. It has gotten worse and only lets me work for maybe 5 minutes before glitching again and the only way out of it is closing the application. My computer is up to date with updates so I am not sure what to do. Please help this is getting super frustrating!!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system, which hardware is this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I actually fixed this problem. I just had to unclick something in the settings. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem!  This new update is very buggy it seems!

What was the solution, please????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! and I know! What helped me was going to Edit - Prefrences - General - Performance and then clicking off GPU performance and then in the same window - I went to File Handling & Clipboard and changed the time for automatically save recovery data every to 10 minutes. Then I closed everything down and restarted the program and haven't had any issues since! I hope it helps 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1
Sean5D50 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I will try that!  Thank you!

Adobe admins- please feel free to chime in here, and let us know why your very expensive product isn't working properly, and why/how we'll need some bizarre work around to get it running! Whenever you're free, of course... wouldn't want to bother you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1