Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.2.1 has become a complete SLUG.. Slow Laggy impossible to use

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Not to long after updating my Macbook Pro to Big Sur (Version 11.2.3)  My adobe illustrator ( 25.2.1 ) has become almost unusable. barely moves, animated zoom no longer works, preview is almost impossible at times. Unless im working on simple shapes or logos then it works. When im building out technical packages or designing more intense items it just locks up and becomes laggy.  This issue also effects co-workers and their machines as well.  I've reinstalled it twice and still no luck. Is this just a Big Sur / Adobe Bug??  Below are my system details. Please help if anyone else has had the same issue.  Im at the point where I cannot present my files for work and it's just consuming a lot of quality productve time i once had before. 

Thank you.  I look forwrd to yoru suggestions. 

Kris Petrat

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-and-macos-big-sur.html

Watch this page above for updates, or go back to catlaina .

If you want to try stayign on Big Sur try these options

Reset Your Prefs

Reset Your OOBE Option 3

OOBE

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app 
  • Browse to the following location based on your operating system.
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Hello,

So this may seem a little odd however If you're using Microsoft One Drive and have updated to Big Sur one drive for whatever reason does not work and has syncing issues. Therefore it's eating up a lot of energy in the background trying to sync and the fan on my Macbook was screaming when I wasn't doing anything. Once I updated it All my performance issues cleared up.. I know that's not Adobe related, however it did help performance of my Adobe apps when using them. Also, with my Adobe App

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-and-macos-big-sur.html

Watch this page above for updates, or go back to catlaina .

If you want to try stayign on Big Sur try these options

Reset Your Prefs

Reset Your OOBE Option 3

OOBE

• Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app 
  • Browse to the following location based on your operating system.
  • /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  • The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default for macOS 10.7 and above. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions to access it.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.
  • Delete all the files within the OOBE folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
  • Restart the computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with all Adobe apps. Things were moving slowly, so I updated to Big Sur thinking that it would make it better and it only made it worse. I had to abandom my Mac's user profile and start a new one. I just moved the files I needed to the shared file folder and moved over what I needed. This seemed to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

So this may seem a little odd however If you're using Microsoft One Drive and have updated to Big Sur one drive for whatever reason does not work and has syncing issues. Therefore it's eating up a lot of energy in the background trying to sync and the fan on my Macbook was screaming when I wasn't doing anything. Once I updated it All my performance issues cleared up.. I know that's not Adobe related, however it did help performance of my Adobe apps when using them. Also, with my Adobe Apps, I noticed I was having Library syncing issues with my Adobe Cloud stored items, and that too was also causing apps to run slow. I just closed them out so they didn't have to load and that also helped.  Everyhting is a little buggy now with Big Sur, just about everyone in my department and also Marketing has had some sort of issue with their Adobe apps, Dropbox and One Drive since upgrading to Big Sur.. Hopfully this all get's flushed out with the next few updates. 

Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines