• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 25.2 crashing randomly throughout the day, issue seems tied to video performance.

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to v25.2 I have had multiple crash events that seem to be tied to system video performance.  The reason I am thinking that it has something to do with video performance is that I have dual monitors, Illustrator running on the main monitor while YouTube or Netflix are running on the other, and several of the crash events have happened as the second monitor switched between video resolution on YouTube, or when switching from PIP to full-screen display while using Netflix, no other activity, Illustrator was idle during those two specific events, with no active selections or processes involved.

I see other posts regarding Illustrator v25.2 crashing, but nothing as specific as this.  What can I do, if anything at all, to keep this from happening?

michaela45911501_0-1614966551356.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'd request you to share the crash report with us. You may follow the instructions to do so on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).

This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, no crash reports have been generated.  I have had them generated after experiencing previous crash events, but these events have not generated the typical response, the screen goes blank, then recovers and I get the typical advisory indicating a crash occurred and the notice that the open files have been recovered and saved with the [recovered] suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines