Illustrator 25.2 making rectangles rounded even though not using rounded rectangle tool.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a video but can't upload it. Either way.... not sure if this is a glitch or something strange turned on by accident with the new update. 

With the rectangle tool selected - just normal rectangle, NOT rounded - I draw out a shape. I've tried with both proportional and non proportional and the issue is the same. When I click off and let it make the rectangle, it appears with slight radius corners. But in the top panel shows Corners: 0 in. No live corners shown. And it is NOT inside a clipping mask. 

I'm trying to make some dieline/cut files for these to be cut on a router and I'm totall yunsure if the object would come out square or rounded, based on this visual glitch....

what.jpeg

It's also doing it on a more complex animal cut out shape I'm working on. The pink shape here is fairly complex with very flowing and rounded looks to it, but yet when I open it in the newest updated Illustrator, it almost appears like it's cutting off points and rendering it with straight lines. Again, the pink shape is not inside a clipping mask. It's solid filled shape that ought to look more rounded. 

What is happening?! 

what 2.jpeg

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink one looks like a freaked out GPU Preview. Try if switching with Cmd E (or Ctrl E) makes a difference.

The rounded rectangles may be caused by an effect, that could be applied to the layer. Check the Appearance panel.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines