Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ILLUSTRATOR 25.2 TEXT BOX OVERPRINT ISSUES

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

as ever so often in hte illustratopr updates over hte years we somehow often manage to drop the balll on small important technical things,m & this one has been around the block

Colour changes on copy at times behaves inaccurately, when box is hilighted (text box) you can change the colour and overprint bahaviour for that assigned colour,, however, when overprint preview is then activated, hte copy that was changed oin colour has not changed at all, & it claims to overprint, however it actually doesnt.

I am hten forced to highlight the copy individually per text box to rectefy this, this is not ideal and actually dangerous as hte visual claims everything is set correctly however its not, this can lead to expensive reruns of large print runs that Adobe would be liable for in my view !!!!!

On another note , even if you convert hte entire text to path including the strokes , it still retains the faulty setting (colour & overprint ) but shows itself in hte right colour & overprint behaviour)

this is unacceptable & frustrating as it can go really wrong & obviously we all pay a shitload of money for something that AGAIN has been upgraded to non functional on some levels.....

same goes for the Illustrator magic want tool that has been rendered useless in the 2020 versions when it comes to its sensetivity settings.

SO IN CLOSING

I HOPE THAT THE ABOVE WILL BE RECTEFIED URGENTLY SO THE SOFTWARE I HAVE PAYED FOR FULLFILLS THE FUNCTION IT WAS DESIGNED FOR & NOT BE A RISK FACTOR IN MY PRODUCTION PROCESS & A RISK FOR MY CLIENTS

thank for resolving this

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

@chriss77712266 wrote:

also note that the latest version keeps switching its colour profile to imulate adobe cs 6 uppon opening of documents that have been backsaved (or at least thats what it looks like), this resulting in colours being displayed incorrectly.....

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show your problem with Overprint text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

i believe i have in fair detail explained how & whewre the error comes up, and if you use Illustrator frequently & maybe even for pre press purposes you can pick this error up.

I would hope that Adobe adresses these issues , also note that the latest version keeps switching its colour profile to imulate adobe cs 6 uppon opening of documents that have been backsaved (or at least thats what it looks like), this resulting in colours being displayed incorrectly.....not kidding but this is really really saddening given the USD that i have to spend on this software yearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chriss77712266 wrote:

also note that the latest version keeps switching its colour profile to imulate adobe cs 6 uppon opening of documents that have been backsaved (or at least thats what it looks like), this resulting in colours being displayed incorrectly.....

There is a bug caused by the recent Photoshop update. It sets your Illustrator Color Settings to Emulate Illustrator 6, which turns color management off.

If that is the case, use the CC app to revert Photoshop to the Previous version (22.2.0) and then change your Color Settings to what you want it to be.

See also:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42892902-illust...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this, i tried everything i could think of, reverting was last resort, unfortenate that they cant just simply update without wrecking hteir software, the last itteration of 2021 would simply shut down, that went on for way too long, if you think that we are paying customers, thats like a new car that doesnt start .....unacceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you gave a description, but often a visual example helps to better understand the problem.

Can you share an illustrator file with an example of your problem?

Creative Cloud folder filesharing, Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same goes for the Illustrator magic want tool that has been rendered useless in the 2020 versions when it comes to its sensetivity settings.

By @chriss77712266

There hasn't been a change to the sensitivity settings in the magic wand tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use it a lot to select colours & pantones & it definitevily can not differentiate between spots & percentages thereof.So i can assure u after using it for the last twelve years that someone dropped the ball. It does not function as well as previously ....in the way that I use it

any constructive feedback i am all ears just screaming itr does is not very professional i'd say

!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And be aware that you are not talking to Adobe in these forums. We are volunteers trying to help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am aware of that, but here again constructive input vs shouting into a room saying "no your wrong" yet not substantiting that statement is not what we are here for, at least i would not want to answer a question in that way , to peers or to whom ever.....its counter productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not hear anyone shouting : "no you're wrong".

But I am still curious to see an example of your overprint problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is an example

video file attached it does this with text boxes and vector objects

as for the NO your wrong....monica did not provide any constructive feedback or questions  which equates to *no your wrong*....merely claiming that there has been no change to the sensetivity settings of the magic wand tool is not constructive, also remembering that we all use the functions provided in programs in our own way & for our own purposes, i do FA thats very different use of Adobe Illustrator than a designer or illustrator .... annyway thats a whole different kettle of fish for later.

i have attached a video for explanation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video doesn't even mention the magic wand, so I'm not sure about your issue with my statement that there hasn't been a change to its behaviour.

As for your issue: obviously you have applied something to a group and there have indeed been changes to that. it helps pressing the shift key when you pickup a color to apply to a group. And in order to check out your objects' fills and stuff, it helps to use the appearance panel.  It would have told you that obviously you have created a fill for the group instead of changing the fill of the contents of the group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied a colour to a group, the apearance panel does not supply any information relating to this problem, assigning and switching colours to objects within groups is a more than basic function that illustrator / adobe has always had since version 5 , it makes NO sense ,as in there is no benefit to discard that function, in particular as the video shows the group does not alert you to the fact that is is only apearing to have the asigned colour yet doesnt really have it/ has a mix of two colours asigned to the same object lol **THATS A GLITCH **

and i am not understanding why anyone would just take this lying down ( in other words just say that was changed & so be it)

This forum is here to challenge these changes if there are illogical or seem more like a glitch & unfortensately thats the way i see this, especially in the way that i use this software

i have nothing to add and will explore other avenues to resolve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have applied a colour to a group, the apearance panel does not supply any information relating to this problem,

By @chriss77712266

Yes, it does. The apparance panel tells you where the fills are applied.

"This forum is here to challenge these changes"

It's a public forum. 95% of people are not even staff. If you want to report a bug, please do so over there:  http://illustrator.uservoice.com

That's the place where the developers discuss. They don't read this forum. You want to tell them that you want this changed, then post a bug report. Or upvote one of the existing ones, such as this: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/35249575-eyedro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines