Illustrator Actions (Save As...) Not Work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe llustrator 24.1.3 

The problem I'm having is this:

I want to record actions.
But it doesn't record "Save As .." commands.

You can see it in the attached video.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

I see that it's been reported on Uservoice as a bug. You can upvote it, and I'd recommend including the version number and OS. I'm assuming you're on a Mac. I tested it on Windows 10 using Illustrator 24.1.3, and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Solution of the problem;
If there is any plug-in that you use, remove it from the plug-in folder. Restart the AI. Then save the Actions. Put your 3rd party plugins back in place and restart the ai. You will see Actions running.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that it's been reported on Uservoice as a bug. You can upvote it, and I'd recommend including the version number and OS. I'm assuming you're on a Mac. I tested it on Windows 10 using Illustrator 24.1.3, and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 🙂
I vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution of the problem;
If there is any plug-in that you use, remove it from the plug-in folder. Restart the AI. Then save the Actions. Put your 3rd party plugins back in place and restart the ai. You will see Actions running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! You just saved my life. I've been pulling my hair out for over an hour trying to work out why my Save As actions won't record. I can't believe this error exists in the software. What a joke Adobe are becoming. Always so many problems!!

Again, thanks for the wisdom shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines