• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Actions

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on creating some Actions that speed up some of the repetition in my day. I did a couple easy alignment actions that have given me back years to my life already.  As I test how else I can use the Action capability, Im confused to why some commands record and others dont.

For instance, I made two actions that let me align to selections and artboards. But I can't make 'Effect>Crop Marks' a step in an action.

Can anyone give me some insight as to why?

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

You need to add the menu item  Effect > Cropmarks during the recording from the actions menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to add the menu item  Effect > Cropmarks during the recording from the actions menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez. That was easy. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped. It is always unclear why some menu items record and others need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the correct response given by Ton, I'd recommend checking out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/specify-crop-marks-trimming-or.html) to know how to specify crop marks in Adobe Illustrator.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines