• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator adds paths to brush strokes - Help!

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I encountered a weird little problem while working with the brush-tool (B).
As far as I´ve read this problem is quite known when using the calligraphy-brush tool, which, to be honest, does not help me too much.

What happens?
If I paint / draw a curve with my tablet (Wacom), Illustrator fills the curve, but not with a "controllable path" that I could remove. It is just there, but in outline view it does not show: 

screen_1.pngscreen_2.pngI can't get behind why he does that fillings in the corners. 

Can somebody help? 
If you need further Info, let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jan

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

As you say, it is a very old bug. That doesn't help you very much, but there is nothing us here can do about it.

The information on this can be found here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34128700-calligraphic-brush-blob-brush-appearance-anomalie

As you can see, it was marked 'completed' sometime last year with version 23.0.6. As far as I can tell, this is not the case -- perhaps they fixed some instances of it, or fixed it under certa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

There have been many discussions about this problem (which are hard to find) with workarounds like:

Object > Path > Add Anchor Points (repeat till the problem is gone) or
Effect > Distort & Transform > Roughen: Size 0% and a large Detail number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you say, it is a very old bug. That doesn't help you very much, but there is nothing us here can do about it.

The information on this can be found here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/34128700-ca...

As you can see, it was marked 'completed' sometime last year with version 23.0.6. As far as I can tell, this is not the case -- perhaps they fixed some instances of it, or fixed it under certain parameters, but it can still be reproduced.

You can try adjusting the stroke size, or the size in the brush options, if your design allows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That`s kind of the answer that I feared to get.
Would a workaround be to create an own calligraphic brush - if that's even possible?
Thanks for the answer, maybe someone has an idea how to solve this weird problem. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been many discussions about this problem (which are hard to find) with workarounds like:

Object > Path > Add Anchor Points (repeat till the problem is gone) or
Effect > Distort & Transform > Roughen: Size 0% and a large Detail number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines