• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator align tool doesn't work.

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The align tool doesn't let met do anything... Not even a single object can be aligned, does anyone know what could be the problem?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Your Align palette indicates that Align to Selection is activated. As you are selecting only one object, that won't work.

You may just turn on the Align to Artboard option in order to align the image as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two or more objects selected?

Which function are you trying to use?

Can you show a screenshot of your work area and describe exactly what you are trying to align?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one image this time. But I have the same problem with an in AI made object. In the screenshot attached I have the image selected to be aligned (toolscreen left below). I tried every align button but the tool just stopped all of a sudden. Now I manually placed the object in the centre of the artboard. Tried rebooting AI and my laptop but didn't seem to work. 

Thanks for the fast reply.

KGSchermafbeelding 2020-05-30 om 13.51.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note I forgot to mention: having issues since illustrator 2020 I installed yesterday. On 2019 it works just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Align palette indicates that Align to Selection is activated. As you are selecting only one object, that won't work.

You may just turn on the Align to Artboard option in order to align the image as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines