• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Apps won't load... did all the help... Now what?

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting the error code 1 when attempting to load the Workfront app and another 3rd party app I purchased, Specify Dimensions. I did all the troubleshooting suggested via the "help center", and ran the Log Collector tool. Does this file get automatically sent to Adobe? Do they follow up with me? Why do they make it so difficult to contact customer support??

TOPICS
Bug , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error code 1 is "Installation failure" according to https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error1

Adobe's listed solution is to reinstall:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fyi I am running Catalina 10.15.7 and I don't want to update to big sur because it will mess up my VMWare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Apple onlike support and they asked me to restart in "safe mode" and retry the install. I get the same error. What's my next move? Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491 

Maybe your Mac’s security settings are set to only allow App Store purchases. Make sure it’s set to App Store and identified developers

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that link... however I've already checked to make sure it was set to app store and identified developers. Still having teh same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try right-clicking (or Ctrl-clicking) on the installer app and choosing Open. Sometimes that will let you bypass that message (it will hopefully offer you the ability to continue... but I forget the name the button you might see). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines