• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator automatically closes down

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I hope someone out there can help me with this! 

I am having this issue for a day where I am in the middle of using Illustrator for at leats 5-10 minutes before Illustrator and Creative Cloud automatically signs me out, with Illustrator closing down. This has only began to happen to me since I activated fonts from Adobe Fonts...these are now deactivated thinking that might work. 

I am under an Adobe Enterprise subscription but over the past month I had no problem is fixing this but it keeps on doing it. 

I have tried everything to sort this out from different posts such as deleting SLC folders and OOBE, making everything read and write on Mac library application support....and even tried to ring Adobe only for their numbers to be not recognised, restarted my mac, uninstalling applications and reinstalling, deleting them. 

Please Help 

Shriya 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain it in a little more scenario to understand the subject?
1- At what stage is it closing?
2- Does it take a certain action or does it shut down randomly?
3- Have you used the automatic saving function in the document? Use this option.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

It closes down after 10 minutes no matter what I do. When using it yesterday I was only: Moving type round, adding pictures and scaling them down, aligning type and changing the colours. 

The only two actions I see is, my adobe fonts become deactivated as it has signed me out and so they go back to generic fonts, and then a few seconds later I have a pop up screen saying "Illustrator is closing down, this work has not been saved do you want to save it?" (Or that generic message that shows when you close down the application normally and asks you to save your work) Once I save it, the application closes and signs me out. 

Usually it automatically saves for me unless I close down the application. I will look into that. 

It's more of the case that Illustrator likes to close down despite me still using it and not getting very far and closes down 😞 

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the app's performance. Would you mind sharing version of your macOS & Illustrator?

Also, please try steps suggested below & let us know if they help:

1. Reset Preferences: - 
  • Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

1. If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html  

4. If it doesn't work, please try using Creative Cloud Cleaner to remove the existing installation of the app and reinstall once done.

5. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Sorry for the late reply, the MacOS I have is: 

macOS High Sierra, 10.31.1

and the Illustrator is the current updated version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi again, 

So I have tried everything on your list, some things weren't even showing in the application support Adobe where I couldn't locate Illustrator anywhere or coresync.

I unfortunately can't get live support because it is not letting me have access to it I believe it's because the Adobe account I am using is an enterpise account provided from my school. I did email my uni IT help but wasn't helpful. 

Is there any other way I can get help?

thank you 

Shriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines