Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator automatically sets some vectors to "screen" in blending mode

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, where you go to create a document, but some of the vector objects don't colour consistently, and its because some of the vectors are on screen. I do a lot of content creation and no matter how many times I notice and change it, I'm constantly seeing more occurancies! It's frustrating, help!

Version: 25.2.3

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you list the exact steps you take for this to occur, starting from a new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, thankyou for responding back

If I make a new doc, I might bring in previous vectors, such as this particular clients logo (which is where I was having the issue). I've since found out the reason (and while doing so, learnt something new)

• I found that within the appearance tab, under opacity this was set to normal, and so was the blending mode under transform, which is why I could not figure out why it wasn't showing colour on the white background and assumed maybe its a glitch. I've since noticed that under appearance, there are sub blending modes and a master blending mode. So at some point I may have set just the fill to screen, thus the Transform window showing blending mode set to Normal because the master blending mode in Appearance was set to normal. So what I have learnt is that within the appearance section you can have different opacities and blending modes for strokes and fills, and then there is a master for the whole compound.

It still doesnt explain why my files are continuously appearing as screen or why it happened in the first place. Maybe it was my own human error or it still is a glitch, but now I've learnt this new use of appearances, I'll update all the areas ive used the logos and see if the problem persists.

Hope this thread can help others who didn't know about the sub- blending option within Appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Maybe the New Art Has Basic Appearance is untick

carlosgarro_0-1621703528586.png

But I highly recommend you reset your Illustrator preferences.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please share copies of your working and (even more important) that previous (with logo) files?
if content is sensitive, keep there just problem vectors or maybe some part of them.

Similar things happen time to time but issues may be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines