Highlighted

Illustrator Bug in Version 24.2.1 (Windows 10)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.2.1 (Windows 10)

Problem:
If you colour an object in a Pantone Colour and then use the gaussian soft focus effect on it, the object suddenly turns into CMYK.
Deleteing the effect, the object will be Pantone coloured again.

In Illustrator 2019 there is no problem with that, objects stay in Pantone colour also if you use the gaussian soft focus on them.
Also if you open a document made in Illustrator 2019 in Illustrator 2020, the object stay in Pantone.
Only when you made changes in the gaussian soft focus, then these object will also turn to CMYK.

Someone there, experiencing the same issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Bug in Version 24.2.1 (Windows 10)?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 24.2.1 (Windows 10)

Problem:
If you colour an object in a Pantone Colour and then use the gaussian soft focus effect on it, the object suddenly turns into CMYK.
Deleteing the effect, the object will be Pantone coloured again.

In Illustrator 2019 there is no problem with that, objects stay in Pantone colour also if you use the gaussian soft focus on them.
Also if you open a document made in Illustrator 2019 in Illustrator 2020, the object stay in Pantone.
Only when you made changes in the gaussian soft focus, then these object will also turn to CMYK.

Someone there, experiencing the same issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's the same as this bug, which the Illustrator team says is currently 'under review':

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40777963-custom-colors-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Doug,

thankks for your response!
I didn’t found the thread you linked, when looking for older threads her in the forum. Mybe my translations were wrong, as my Illustrator version is german. ;(

So we know it is really a bug and hoping they will fix this immediately as I have many documents of former versions using this effect and I need to edit them in actual version.

Btw.: The problem ist not only when overprinting, but also if you have an object on a clead white background.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the user who created the report was being more specific than they needed to be when referring to overprint.

Here's another thread with the same problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/spot-color-issue-with-photoshop-effect/m-p/11286464?page=...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0