Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Calligraphy Pen Pressure not Working

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my computer lost it's battery during the night yesterday, and when I went back onto Illustrator after recharging my computer to draw, the calligraphy pen tool that I was using did not respond to any pressure from my drawing pen, and it would only create a line of just one thickness, just like in that 5pt. or 15pt. pen default mode. I restarted my Wacom pad, and also tried the calligraphic pen tool in Photoshop, which worked by the way, but still did not work on Illustrator. I have also tried opening and closing the file again. I am working on a time sensitive project, and it's really frustrating that this issue is happening to me now.

I'd appreciate any help,

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

You could try if resetting the preferences helps in this issue.

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Use the method of renaming the folder in order to be able to reverse the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chana,

Have you tried the steps I shared on this thread: Pressure sensitivity in Illustrator is grayed out for Calligraphic brushes on macOS Mojave?

I have sent you a DM as well for the case details, please check and reply accordingly.

I would also request all of you to upvote this issue here: Brush Pressure Option Unavailable – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and I also posted it on Linkedin last month. This is not the issue.  The Mojavi issue is the general drawing with the tablet. I am talking here about the pressure sensitivity in the Calligraphy brushes in AI.  The pen is working! the Pressure is beautiful in Photoshop. In AI not working!

Send a bug post in the prerelease. Had an almost 2 hours session on line with Himanshu Kapoor and he kindly did all the steps again and again for ever! still not working!

All the steps you mention were done ! Not working.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone contact Huion about it?

I am old enough to still remember the times when tablet manufacturers proudly put stickers on their packaging telling the customer which applications their tablets are compatible with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing works....tried on my 4 tablets....Brushes and blob brush and it work on Photoshop

It is a bug!

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 18.24.19.png

Here is photoshop and it is working....

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 18.30.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 18.56.39.png

Works in PS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chanaart  schrieb

Works in PS!!!

Yes, but that can tell you nothing about Illustrator.

The driver needs to be able to also "talk" to Illustrator and only Huion can tell you if it's supposed to. Have they tested it? Is it supposed to work?

For several years the cheating with the additional Wacom driver somehow worked. But obviously now either Apple or Huion have changed something in their system/drivers that stopped it from working.

BTW: you made that option in the system that Wacom instructs users to do?

Wacom Customer Support | Wacom

Maybe it needs to be done for Huion as well. But please contact Huion about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tested everything! The Adobe Person took my computer and tried all on line for almost 90 min...

Wacom could nto solve it! I tested my other 3 Wacom tablets...they all work with PS not with AI...

Will continue the nightmare next week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chanaart  schrieb

We tested everything! The Adobe Person took my computer and tried all on line for almost 90 min...

Wacom could nto solve it! I tested my other 3 Wacom tablets...they all work with PS not with AI...

Will continue the nightmare next week!

So yours is not a Huion as the other person's?

Getting quite confusing in here ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

My WACOM is working with Illustrtor! YEHHHHH

I did a very clean install of CC. AI and Wacom ...and now it working!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences (Holding cmd while launching Illustrator ) worked for me ,, try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rohand34204092  WHO EVER YOU ARE THANK YOU! IT WORKED. After an eternity. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks! :paintbrush:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I'm also facing the same problem on my laptop Lenovo T410 i5 , I'm using Illustrator cc 218 can't access my calligraphy brush pressure 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little late to this thread, but I had the same problem of pen options being greyed out in brush options in Illustrator, but not other programs. Here is my solution.

I'm not sure whether this setting is available in earlier versions of Illustrator. I'm using v25.0.1.

Go to preferences, click "Devices" at the bottom of the list, then check the box for "Enable Wacom."

I'm not using a Wacom tablet - mine is Huion - but it worked for me. I guess "Wacom" in this context just means "pen tablet" and not specifically Wacom.

I hope this helps someone save some time!

Enable_Wacom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have read through many of the answers, I have the same problem with the pressure pen not working in Illustrator, and I tried almost everything people suggest. I have restarted and reinstalled Wacom driver three times, I have reset the Illustrator settings, contacted Wacom support, and been in two hours online chat and support with Adobe. Still no pressure pen working in Illustrator.  
I bought the tablet for illustrator drawing use mostly, so I wonder if I should return it? Or is the tablet worth it anyway?
It is an Intuos M 2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of cases just as yours being reported to this forum.

In many cases the issue cannot be solved at all.

For some people it starts to work out of the blue by pure magic.

Honestly no one has yet found out what's causing the issues with Wacom tablets. Their support is not helpful at all and everyone is at a loss currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines