Illustrator cannot save in PDF

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex artwork and suddenly I cannot export it to pdf. It saves until about 80%, then it hangs and I have to force quit the app.

I also had to deactivate the 'Create Compatible PDF File' as it does not allow me to save the file that way. Again it goes to 93% then stops for an unexpected error.

I can, however, save the illustrator file, outline, and print.

I tried to save the file with all fonts outlined (I'm using the latest Suitcase Fusion) but no difference.

I'm very worried about this as I have 3 alterations to this file and I would rather not have to do it from scratch. Can you please help?

TOPICS
Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator cannot save in PDF

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex artwork and suddenly I cannot export it to pdf. It saves until about 80%, then it hangs and I have to force quit the app.

I also had to deactivate the 'Create Compatible PDF File' as it does not allow me to save the file that way. Again it goes to 93% then stops for an unexpected error.

I can, however, save the illustrator file, outline, and print.

I tried to save the file with all fonts outlined (I'm using the latest Suitcase Fusion) but no difference.

I'm very worried about this as I have 3 alterations to this file and I would rather not have to do it from scratch. Can you please help?

TOPICS
Import and export, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry working with BigSur V11.1. The latest version of AI. iMac Retina 5K 27"/3.3 6 core

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have? Sounds like that's the choke point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Resources