• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 15 Error: "Cant open the illustration. Could not complete the requested operation"

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problem when I make ( embedded ) for some Photos then i saved the file but now the file not open and give me this message (cant open the illustration. could not complete the requested operation ) and opening the white page

what i can do to open my file again ?

* illustrator cc15

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and the exact version of Illustrator
  • Is the error showing up while opening a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC2015 illustrator

Yes a specific document

Link : https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/8b4118fd-46e4-4339-4af5-38a0f1acd687

I saved file in System HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AmrMagdy89,

Thanks for getting back to us and sharing the file. The file is badly corrupted. We are able to recover a few artboards. Here is the download link: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/7d231d90-4fc9-4a7c-71f4-08a7b7115a93

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini 

Thank you very much already some files have been fixed
But what is the cause of the problem in order to avoid it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has trouble saving on networks, removable media (such as thumb drives) and sometimes to synchronized folders.

There will always be trouble when Illustrator crashes during save

Your harddisk might have issues

The Preferences setting "Save in background" has caused issues for a lot of people.

Also: always make backups. Save early, save often, save different versions on different drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @AmrMagdy89,

As Monika explained, this could happen due to various reasons & save location.
I would recommend using the latest version of CC as they have a more robust recovery and file-saving process or using multiple backup strategies, as already stated by Monika.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines