• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 (23.0.1) crashes when saving

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running illustator CC 2018 v23.0.1 (the last update to this date) on my ASUS GL553V (Win 10 64bits, i5, nvidia GTX1050, 16 GB RAM) and it crushes most of the times I try saving big and small .ai files. The screen flashes black and then AI closes, which makes me think it's related to the video card. I tried re-installing windows and adobe apps again as well as older versions of nvidia drivers, but nothing works. Maybe has my SSD something to do with it? It's not a terrible issue since Illustator actually saves the files before it crashes, but I lose time and my work flow. Has anyone has the same problem? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

I simply trashed my prefs file. Restarted Illustrator and it works just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third party plugins installed?

Any corrupt fonts?

Is a printer connected and turned on? This one is important. Illustrator wants a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have a printer connected and I don't have one right now to see if that's my problem! and corrupted fonts I don't think so, neither third party plugins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting up a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: now it crashed OPENING an .ai file. I'm lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you already set up a PDF printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vicente,

We are extremely sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, I would need a few more details to look into the issue.

Which printer are you using? Try uninstalling the printer and check how it works.

Could you please confirm where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Google Drive/ Dropbox/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)

You may also try resetting preferences for Illustrator: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Please note: Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folder in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply trashed my prefs file. Restarted Illustrator and it works just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I was wrong. It seemed to be working, but its because I stopped my iCloud in System Preferences.

Whenever I re-open iCloud, then Illustrator still freezes when saving. Sucks big time.

There was an update from this morning and I was SO hoping it would fix this issue, but sadly it did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

I am afraid Illustrator does not support network or removable drives as iCloud, scratch disks, or folders of file sync services such as Dropbox and Google Drive.

Please refer to this help article for more details: Illustrator support for networks and removable media.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We understand how frustrating crashes can be. We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash. Please check this help article for more details.

If you still need help, feel free to reach out, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines