• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 has disappeared from my applications folder

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began a project in Illustrator 2018 before upgrading to CC. I kept using it because it had all my plug-in settings. Now 2018 isn't even in my applications folder - only Illustrator 2021. So where did 2018 go, along with my plug-in settings? Do I need to re-install 2018?

TOPICS
Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

If this is because of plugins, please try and contact Customer Care and explain the situation to them.

It looks like some setting has deleted old installed versions for a lot of people. Maybe they can give you the old installer, please do ask and tell them it got uninstalled automatically for some reason.

And then check all the settings in the Creative Cloud app, so this doesn't happen again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only have the last 2 version now of CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've discovered. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is because of plugins, please try and contact Customer Care and explain the situation to them.

It looks like some setting has deleted old installed versions for a lot of people. Maybe they can give you the old installer, please do ask and tell them it got uninstalled automatically for some reason.

And then check all the settings in the Creative Cloud app, so this doesn't happen again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. The plug-in is 'CadTools' which is vital to the work I do. Fortunately they have really good customer support. I will give them a call next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines