Highlighted

Illustrator CC 2019 freezing while using Wacom

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I came across this issue just today. Whenever I try to use Wacom tablet with my Illustrator open, the Illustrator stops responding. I can move the mouse but nothing happens if I click something. It is as if it suddenly froze. If I try to use trackpad after that, the same thing happens. The only thing that helps to "unfreeze" it is if I try to close Illustrator and then when the dialogue window comes up telling me that my document is unsaved, I click cancel and Illustrator is normal again. Until of course I try to use my pen tablet again. The Wacom works fine with Photoshop and everything else. But I also want to use it with Illustrator 😕 I searched but didn't find anyone with the same issue. It is kinda weird. I cannot even click the Illustrator icon when the "freeze" happens. So frustrating. Any ideas what I could do to troubleshoot this?

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator CC 2019 freezing while using Wacom

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I came across this issue just today. Whenever I try to use Wacom tablet with my Illustrator open, the Illustrator stops responding. I can move the mouse but nothing happens if I click something. It is as if it suddenly froze. If I try to use trackpad after that, the same thing happens. The only thing that helps to "unfreeze" it is if I try to close Illustrator and then when the dialogue window comes up telling me that my document is unsaved, I click cancel and Illustrator is normal again. Until of course I try to use my pen tablet again. The Wacom works fine with Photoshop and everything else. But I also want to use it with Illustrator 😕 I searched but didn't find anyone with the same issue. It is kinda weird. I cannot even click the Illustrator icon when the "freeze" happens. So frustrating. Any ideas what I could do to troubleshoot this?

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try uninstalling the Wacom tablet drivers and installing a previous version. When I was having weird tablet related problems I eventually solved them by installing drivers from two versions back. Weird I know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue originally happened with my smaller tablet (Medium) that i have had for several years. I assumed it was because it was older and I was mirrored to my large imac. I purchased the new larger wacom tablet as I wanted it anyway. And now this issue happened today from my laptop - not connected to imac and with the new wacom. A customer service rep from wacom helped me with uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Hoping it works. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lora,

I am hopeful that it will be resolved by reinstalling the drivers. If that doesn't help, please feel free to message us back with the following details:

• OS and verison of Illustrator
  • Graphic card installed on your machine?

We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

In addition to the suggestion shared by Michael, please try the steps shared here: Troubleshoot issues when using a Wacom tablet.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Preferences>Performance

Uncheck GPU Performance

Click Okay and restart Illustrator (for good measure)

This helped me, hope it helps for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Glad to hear that you are all set and thanks for letting us know. As you mentioned that the issue was resolved by turning off GPU performance, I would suggest if you can try reinstalling GPU drivers from the manufacturer's website (do not use CD/DVDs) in your free time and then turn on GPU performance once again and let us know if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to do that. How do I identify my GPU manufacture?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay in response. Manufacturer here is the company from where you got your GPU. For example, if you have NVidia GPU then the manufacturer's website would be Download Drivers | NVIDIA.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2019 0