Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator cc 2019 not opening files

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook Pro

Just installed the newest version of Illustrator and one in every 4 files I try to open lags, or copies the current artboard I'm in and uses the filename for the file I tried to open. It's happening quite a bit, and sometimes if I wait long enough the document will actually populate with it's correct artwork. Most of the time I'm having to close and restart the program.

Is there anything I can do on my end to resolve this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

My problem was solved by installing version 23.0.1.

Windows latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking "Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" in Preferences > General.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_MS_  wrote

Try unchecking "Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" in Preferences > General.

Hmm, so far, so good. I unchecked that just now, quit Illustrator, and double-clicked a couple EPS files in the Finder and they opened just fine. I then quit Illustrator again and opened an InDesign file w/ a placed Illustrator graphic, right-clicked on that and selected "Edit Original," and it, too, opened just fine.

I'll update this soon, one way or the other. Hopefully it continues working!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still a problem Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution Try unchecking "Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" in Preferences > General.

Worked for me.

But this bug is still around as of Mac AI v 23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on 23.0.3 64bit Win10.

_MS_ hint to uncheck "Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" in General Settings helps here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe

I have  iMac 27inch, late 2012. Running MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6.

I am also suffering the problem where I open a file, but I can't see it. If I open it again, it says it is already open. They sometimes appear if I put Illustrator into full screen mode, but they don't appear in standard viewing mode.

I have to rename the Library folders every time I restart my Mac. This is really inconvenient and time consuming. Please help me out with some idea of what I can do to rectify the situation.

Regards, Shaughn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured this out. Go to View and then Pixel Preview. That should allow the image to be viewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this by right clicking adobe on my desktop and click the troubleshoot compatibility option. i followed the steps and now it works perfect!! illustrator has stopped randomly crashing & i can not open files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also facing the same issue and photoshop as well!

my laptop is brand new and is higher spec for video! yet i m facing the same issue.

will adobe do something about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

evelynz28660918  schrieb

I also facing the same issue and photoshop as well!

my laptop is brand new and is higher spec for video! yet i m facing the same issue.

will adobe do something about it?

Please create a new thread

Please tell us your system and version

Please tell us your system specs (exactly)

Please tell us about your file

You're not talking to "adobe" here. 95% of us are just users helping out in their spare time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh ok thanks! i will create a new thread now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry a bit blur on where to create a new thread.

i answer here bah..

when i open my design files after i work on the AI for sometime, than when i open new design files, it does not read the graphic. all the graphics look the same as each other but i have 5 different graphics. i need to off ai software and on again than it works. same goes to psd as well.

my mac system is MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019),

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7,  32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4,

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

512 storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not reading older files. I cant access any old files from previous versions and this really hinders my work flow. These files show a grey "X" next to them and a missing logo for either Illustrator of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm!

I solved this problem by installing version 23.0.1

For me worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue.

Also solved after installing v 23.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines