Highlighted

Illustrator CC 2019 not responding

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 21.25.21.png

Hi!

I can't work on my Illustrator CC 2019! Almost every time I open a file, Illustrator is not responding. And I have to quit Illustrator!

It happen again and again. I can't work with it. I have quit Creative Cloud, and start up again, also quit my computer and start up again - but it doesn't help. So I have to work with Illustrator CS6.

Another problem I have is  when I want to move an object to a guide line, - the Illustrator CC 2019 will not let me place the object on the guide line as I want, but Illustrator CC 2019 place it a little bit from the guide line. And I move and move the object to the guide line , but it won't let me put the object on the guide line which I want.

But in Illustrator CS6 I can do this, - I just placed the object on the guide line as I want it to be,  - And "boom" it is on the correct line!

Why does this happen?

Could somebody help? I am very sorry that I have work in Illustrator CS6 to get my work done?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

haneadino  schrieb

Sorry, which 3. party plugins? I don't think I have that??

- which fonts shall I check? I have 1000 of them

- I have no printer set up to this computer.

- What is OOBE folder?

- how do I reset preferences?

- how do I uninstall Illustrator, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall

Could you please tell me? I sounds like everybody can do what you write. But I can't? Please help!!

- all your fonts. There are apps to do that, e.g. Fontbook

- if you don't have a printer, set up a PDF printer. It's important that Illustrator has a printer.

- OOBE folder please see in here: "Unknown Server Error" when logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud

- preferences: How to set preferences in Illustrator

- cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator CC 2019 not responding

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 21.25.21.png

Hi!

I can't work on my Illustrator CC 2019! Almost every time I open a file, Illustrator is not responding. And I have to quit Illustrator!

It happen again and again. I can't work with it. I have quit Creative Cloud, and start up again, also quit my computer and start up again - but it doesn't help. So I have to work with Illustrator CS6.

Another problem I have is  when I want to move an object to a guide line, - the Illustrator CC 2019 will not let me place the object on the guide line as I want, but Illustrator CC 2019 place it a little bit from the guide line. And I move and move the object to the guide line , but it won't let me put the object on the guide line which I want.

But in Illustrator CS6 I can do this, - I just placed the object on the guide line as I want it to be,  - And "boom" it is on the correct line!

Why does this happen?

Could somebody help? I am very sorry that I have work in Illustrator CS6 to get my work done?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

haneadino  schrieb

- What is OOBE folder?

Could you please tell me? I sounds like everybody can do what you write. But I can't? Please help!!

- if you don't have a printer, set up a PDF printer. It's important that Illustrator has a printer.

- OOBE folder please see in here: "Unknown Server Error" when logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud

- cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 10.15.18.png

And this issue you see with this photo is every day!

Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could you please help??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Illustrator only hangs when you open a document? Not when launching?

Do you have a printer installed, set up as default printer and turned on?

As for the alignment: Can you turn off all snap options in the View menu?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hangs both with launching and open document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a lot of stuff yourself, or contact Customer Care: Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which lot of stuff??? you have to tell me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't *have* to tell you.

Try uninstalling all third party plugins you might have

check all your fonts

install a printer, set it up as a default printer and turn it on

delete the OOBE folder

reset the preferences

uninstall Illustrator, run the Adobe Cleaner tool and reinstall

All of this is a major hassle. So it's up to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- What is OOBE folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haneadino  schrieb

- What is OOBE folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AI, always hangs and really painful to work on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CnuRushi  schrieb

Adobe AI, always hangs and really painful to work on this.

Please tell us your system and version.

Have you read the complete thread and tried out all the suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for help with the same issue on my Windows 10, Illustrator CC 2019 was not responding when I wanted to create a new document. After reinstalling the application the problem persisted. I have had an EPSON thermal printer installed recently. I have removed that printer from my computer and Illustrator started to work again.

Thank you Monika for mentioning the printer as a possible cause of this problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines