Copied

Hello

I installed a new Illustrator CC 2020 24.0.3 on ma new IMac:

iMac Retina5K 27" 2019 Mojave 10.14.6

3.6GHz i9

24GB DD4

Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

1TB Flash drive PCI-Express

The performace is horrible. When I try align any element (rectangle, circle etc) to other complicated object with text or many vectorised texts, I need to wait about 10 seconds for every mouse click.

I've changed performance options from CPU on GPU and nothing helped.

I installed Illustrator CC 2020 24.0.3 on my colegue iMac:

iMac Retina5K 27" 2017 High Sierra 10.13.6

4.2GHz i7

16GB DD4

Radeon Pro 580 8GB

1TB Flash drive PCI-Express

The performace is still horrible. The same problem as mine. We have also CS6 licence. We opened the same dokument in Illustrator CS6 and CC2020. CS6 works perfect, CC2020 lags.

I've written about performance issue CC2020/2019 in the internet, and many people has the same problem.

I dont't have time waiting when this problem will be solve.

So I have a question. Can I install stable CC2018? My Adobe Creative Cloud Manager gives me ability to install only preavious version 2019. I don't want CC2020 or CC2019. Why i can't install earlier CC2018 version? Maybe You know how to do it legally?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holin,

So sorry to hear you are having trouble with the latest update of Illustrator. Creative Cloud will only allow direct download access to the two most recent major versions (2020 and 2019) of Creative Cloud desktop applications. 

I would request if you can share a few more details here. For example:

Or you can also reach our chat support (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) for a live session. We're happy to help troubleshoot if you'd like. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi srishtib8795206

I'm not sure i can share my client's files. Generally there's problem with many vectors (for example 200 vectorised words).

CS6 works fast and quite smooth when I zoom, align or using overprint mode. It's huuuge difference between CS6 and my CC.

I tried system Safe Mode. Yes, the performace increese. It's much better, every click takes now 1 sek. But in the overprint mode is still nightmare (still CS6 is faster in Overprint mode). 

So have you got any idea why Safe Mode little helped? Everhing is updated

Best Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observations, Peter. Safe Mode starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application which is conflicting with the Illustrator. 

Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

Is Illustrator whitelisted in your antivirus?

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a new iMac with clear system, installed only system updates. First app was Adobe CC.

Actuall list of apps is: Wineskin, TeamViewer, FileZilla, MS Office 2016 for Mac, no antivirus.

Please Notice: I have faster iMac than my colegue. And even in safe mode my CC(iMac2019 i9) is slower then CS6 (iMac2017 i7) in normal mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay in response. I have sent you a DM, please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I found in other forums it's the Mac Dictate that is screwing it up. Under Apple's SYSTEM PREFERENCES>ACCESSIBILITY>DICTATION uncheck "Enable the dictation keyword phrase" if that doesn't work disable dication under SYSTEM PREFERENCES>KEYBOARD>DICTATION

I was even able to turn it back on afterwards and Illustrator was fast again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"So I have a question. Can I install stable CC2018? My Adobe Creative Cloud Manager gives me ability to install only preavious version 2019. I don't want CC2020 or CC2019. Why i can't install earlier CC2018 version? Maybe You know how to do it legally?"

Yes:

Adobe Creative Cloud CC 2018 Direct Download Links, for Windows and macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines