• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator cc 2020 Arabic Text direction!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

In the new update of the New illustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed, that supports the Arabic language! any idea's on how to activate this feature?

Having said that it's still working in the 2019 version. Text Direction feature is quite helpful when writing in both English and Arabic text in the same paragraph. 

llustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed.jpg

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

@stacied69718486 

Apparently, you don't have the Middle Eastern features in the current version, it seems that for some users, during the update process, an English version is downloaded not the English يدعم العربية that supports Arabic.

Anyhow, please follow the below steps if you want to remove existing copy of Illustrator from your machine and download a fresh one with Arabic support…

1.jpg

1. From the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop menu, click on All Apps to view a list of installed Adobe application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Dear Waseem, 

In order to be 100% sure you downloaded Middle Eastern copy of Illustrato, please check the Type Tool in your tools panel, do you see the "Right-to-Left type tool"?

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 4.17.08 PM.png

If not, then you missed an installation step somewhere and my advise to you is that you uninstall current Illustrator, and make sure to remove existing Preferences when it ask you, then make sure the Language in your Creative Cloud application is English يدعم العربية. then Re-install Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great! However, now I am an issue when I use numbered bullets. Any idea how to fix this? The other fonts, the numbers show correctly.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 12.10.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I ment to say that when I was use Arial and thats when I get the "arabic" symbols. 

~Char

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much. from Qatar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you are having the same issue as I was, but mine was resolved rather simply. You do not need to uninstall and reinstall, nor change your language settings.

Simply go into Preferences / Type // and click // Show Indic Options

I found the answer here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/illustrator/user-guide.html/ca/illustrator/using/arabic-hebrew.ug.html

Hope this helps,

Take care.

Dawood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salam Dawood, Adobe provided a dedicated version of Adobe Illustrator for Arabic/Farsi/Urdu users that gives full Right-to-Left control not only for typing basic Arabic Language. Those who produce Arabic Newspapers, magazines, and books for example would require such full control.

When you download and install the Middle Eastern version, there is no such thing as switching between text engines you mentioned, check my Illustrator 2021 v.25.2…

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.46.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid,

My Illustrator version is 25.4.1

I made sure before installing it to meet the choie (English يدعم اللغة العربية)

but I don't see the prargraph directions option.

However, Photoshop is providing RTL & LTR choice.

Also I noticed that Photoshp has the Arabic Language package, but Illustrator don't.

waseem103_3-1631180509610.png

waseem103_2-1631179955190.png

Both of them installed them the same Creative Cloude application with the same language prefrences option.

Is this depending to my English OS language ? so I don't see these options?

waseem103_0-1631178827001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It does not depends on OS or Software language anymore.

Make sure you check "Show indic options" in Illustrator's Type Preferences.

djibsho_0-1631181117475.png

Then, with your text object selected, in Paragraph panel, pick one of the Middle east composer options.

djibsho_2-1631181429142.png

That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, I can wire Arabic well.

But now I'm looking for "Text Direction" option.

this option available on Photoshop

waseem103_1-1631184693294.png

and Indesign

waseem103_2-1631184938840.png

and Aftereffects as well

waseem103_0-1631184579977.png

BUT WHY NOT on Illustrator!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try by creating a Paragraph style and changing text direction?

I know, that's less practical compared to a simple button as in AE or PS

djibsho_0-1631189136889.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Waseem, 

In order to be 100% sure you downloaded Middle Eastern copy of Illustrato, please check the Type Tool in your tools panel, do you see the "Right-to-Left type tool"?

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 4.17.08 PM.png

If not, then you missed an installation step somewhere and my advise to you is that you uninstall current Illustrator, and make sure to remove existing Preferences when it ask you, then make sure the Language in your Creative Cloud application is English يدعم العربية. then Re-install Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Zaid

I'v reinstalled Illustrator. I got the RTL typing tool.

😘 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

لاشٌكر على واجب

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines