Highlighted

illustrator cc 2020 Arabic Text direction!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

In the new update of the New illustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed, that supports the Arabic language! any idea's on how to activate this feature?

Having said that it's still working in the 2019 version. Text Direction feature is quite helpful when writing in both English and Arabic text in the same paragraph. 

llustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed.jpg

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

illustrator cc 2020 Arabic Text direction!

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

In the new update of the New illustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed, that supports the Arabic language! any idea's on how to activate this feature?

Having said that it's still working in the 2019 version. Text Direction feature is quite helpful when writing in both English and Arabic text in the same paragraph. 

llustrator cc 2020 versions, the Text Direction feature been removed.jpg

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still there in 2020, as you said, this feature is a vital feature for RTL.

Apparently, when you downloaded Illustrator 2020, you missed the language setting. All you need is simply uninstall Illustrator 2020, then change the language to "English يدعم العربية" and re-install a new copy of the latest Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Zaid you were absolutely right mate appreciate your help and support. problem solved. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you mean that in order to use any type of RTL text in my compositions, I HAVE TO install Illustrator in English-Arabic ?

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't want to have Illustrator interface in English or Arabic, i only want to be able to use RTL texts.

Proper (awfully complex) solution is :

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Type
  2. Check "Show Indic Options", then validate
  3. Select your text, then in Paragraph panel, in the dropdown menu, select "Middle-Eastern and South Asian Composer" (Single or Multiple Line depending on your need)
  4. Create a new paragraph style, and in its options, Advanced character format, select your RTL language (e.g. Arabic)
  5. Apply that Paragraph style to your text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution you posted works well for a minor job of Arabic or any RTL language if however, you want full control on RTL for a newspaper, magazine, or a book perhaps, I would strongly recommend that you install another copy of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator that Adobe providing specifically under "English يدعم العربية"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought so.

Sorry but again, that doesn't make any sense to install a completely different version of the software, just to type in another language type.

I mean, even Microsoft Word can do it...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be very nice to have a "One fits all" InDesign copy that supports all Languages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid, i'm having this problem too, can't change the Arabic text direction in Ai 2020, also can't find the text direction feature. 

Did you mean to solve is to uninstall the Ai, then change the computre system language to English-Arabic? Or install the Ai again in English-Arabic?

I installed the Ai through Creative Cloud, and it doesn't even give me any option about language...

Any suggestion? T_T

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ada Hong LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, never mind, problem solved... I found the RLT option in Paragraph Style panel. Thanks anyway!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines